Thursday, January 05, 2006



Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

I'm a bit of a Lovecraft fan (mainly through Gaming), so I was quite interested when I heard that the H P Lovecraft Historical Society (who mainly run LARPs) had finished their film adaptation of the iconic short story, "The Call of Cthulhu". But this isn't any ordinary film adaptation; rather than a modern movie, or even one set in the 30's but filmed with modern techniques and CGI, they've done it as Lovecraft would have done it in his day: black and white and silent. You can see a trailer (featuring Great Cthulhu in all his hideous glory) here.

I'm actually tempted to buy the DVD of this one. I'm also tempted by the blasphemous idols used as props in the film. But given the price tag, I think I'd just have to settle for a Cthulhu plushie...

1 comments:

When do they start reading? You could get them "Baby's First Mythos"...

Posted by Idiot/Savant : 1/06/2006 11:47:00 AM