Tuesday, July 01, 2008



Caught!

The Standard have the evidence: John Key hired an Aussie dirty tricks brigade, then lied about it to the public. When asked last year whether he was still employing anyone from the Hollow Men era, "any other advisors from the 2005 election", he first dodged the question, then when pressed, said

I haven't read the book for such a long time I'm really not sure who he names. But from the top of my head, no, but I'd probably have to go back a check, it, and look at them one by one.
It is inconceivable that the leader of a political party would not remember who was advising him. Instead, he chose to lie about it. I guess he knew even then how bad employing Crosby / Textor, the people who advised Brash to whip up racial hatred in 2005, would look.

All of which raises the natural question: if Key is so comfortable lying to the New Zealand public, what else is he lying about? Can we really trust his protests that restarting the Revolution is off the agenda "for National's first term"? I think not.