Saturday, August 02, 2008



Back up

As some of you may have heard, yesterday No Right Turn (along with hundreds of other blogs) was accidentally shut down by Blogger as a "spam blog". The problem was apparently due to a new spam-detection algorithm, which led to a massive number of false positives and outraged users.

Obviously, I'm back up now, and hoping this doesn't happen again. If it does, I'll have to think seriously about shifting platforms (though that's serious hassle - on the internet, your URL is your brand, and I've seen sites die from a simple move; I don't want it to happen to me).

Anyway, thanks to all the people who offered support, server space, and posting rights in the interim. Fortunately, it doesn't look like I'll need them, but thanks all the same.

Meanwhile, there's some coverage here.